This week in Kindergarten:
Tuesday, Dec. 11 - Christmas concert whole school practice 1:00
Wednesday, Dec. 12 - Christmas concert dress rehearsal 1:00
Thursday, Dec. 13 - Christmas concert 10:30 and 1:00
Friday, Dec. 14 - Time to collapse! Last weekend before Christmas break
*FAMILY MATH: Wednesday, December 12th, 6:45-7:45pm is the third session of Family Math with Mr. Fridriksson. Everyone is welcome. You do not have to have attended the other sessions. Parents and students are really learning a lot!
Next Week: We will be preparing gingerbread cookies. I would like to bake on Tues. Dec. 18, from 10:30 until 12:00. The cookies will have a chance to cool and we will be able to decorate and enjoy them in the afternoon. Volunteers are welcome. Here is a recipe for gluten and egg free gingerbread. If you are unable to join us but would like to help, a batch of dough would be gratefully accepted.
Gluten/Egg Free Gingerbread:
- 1 cup superfine brown rice flour (all ingredients can be found at the Bulk Barn)
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger (use 1 teaspoon if you don't like a heavy ginger taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons guar gum
- 1/2 cup dark, unsulfured molasses
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Extra rice flour for dusting when rolling and cutting out cookies
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease
- Sift all dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar, beating on high speed for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Slowly add dry, sifted ingredients to butter mixture and beat just until a stiff dough forms.
- Place dough between 2 sheets of plastic wrap lightly dusted with sweet rice flour. Roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
- Dip gingerbread cookie cutter in sweet rice flour and cut out gingerbread men. Use a flour-dusted spatula to transfer cookies to baking sheet. If the dough should get too soft while you are working with it, just place it in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven, or until cookies are firm to the touch.
Any questions or comments can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy your week. Cheers. SS