Cross-country club runs at RL Cleminson in Barnhartvale
Thursday: Terry Fox run here at 1:00
Here are some upcoming needs:
- ear buds or ear phones that can be left at school. We need these ASAP because our spelling program won't work without them
- signed permission slip for the Terry Fox Run on Thursday
- a toonie for Terry if you can afford it
- signed permission to go on a 'hands on' mining presentation at the Calvary Temple on Sept. 30
- 3 adults to go with us
- math test signed and returned
Next week, we will begin to eat when we are hungry. The children will be allowed to eat fresh fruits or vegetables at their desks when hungry. Those are the ONLY foods allowed. Thanks to those of you who have provided a water bottle so the children can drink when thirsty. Juice boxes are not allowed at their desks except at snack and lunch.
Here are some of the important times in our schedule:
Monday: PE and computers
Tuesday: PE, French and library
Thursday: Computers and French
All of our other subjects are covered at various times during the school week.
A note regarding homework: any work not finished in class in a reasonable amount of time will be sent home. Occasionally, test preparation will be homework. After reading a body of research, I have come to the conclusion that homework for the sake of homework is detrimental to your child's development in the early elementary years. After school and evenings are for sports, other extra-curricular activities and family time.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT FRIDAY IS AN IN-SERVICE DAY FOR TEACHERS.