I hope everyone had a great Hallowe'en. Reminder - please keep Hallowe'en candy at home. Ms. Linfitt was very clear about this last week.
I am still taking appointments for face-face parent/teacher interviews. Please phone the school (250-554-2368) or send me an email so that we can set up a date and time that works for us. My goal is to meet everyone by mid November.
I am building an email list. Please send my your email if I haven't already got it. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- kids are slowly getting earbuds to school. They won't be able to do much in the computer lab without a pair - especially our on line spelling program. http://spellingcity.com. The kids are getting really good at logging on.
- LA - we are currently reading a novel called Among the Hidden
- Math - we have completed patterns and are moving into place value. Keep studying those times tables.
- Science - we are ready to begin an on line web quest to study biomes. The kids are in cooperative working groups. Each child has a role and will research in their area. For example: each group consists of 4 kids. In that group there is a botanist, zoologist, meteorologist and geographer.
- Social Studies - we are studying immigration and of course - Remembrance Day
- Fine Arts - each child has built a poppy necklace out of clay. We hope to fire and glaze in time for the Remembrance Day assembly on the 10th.
- PE - we warm up with 5 laps around the gym, play tag or dodgeball and practice volleyball skills.
- HACE - we have worked together to build a safe environment in the classroom and we are moving on to a unit on internet safety
- on Tuesday we will have a lock down drill.