This is just a very quick post to say hello and welcome to our classroom - Div. 4. We are a gr. 4/5 split, pretty evenly balanced between the 4's and 5's. We have a larger proportion of boys... :)
Thank you for providing your child with such great food. Any food that is not eaten will come home so we can avoid waste. WE HAVE A SEVERE NUT ALLERGY IN OUR CLASS. Please read labels carefully.
We also have SEVERE SENSITIVITIES TO SCENT. Please avoid strongly scented lotions, hand sanitizers, colognes, etc. in our class. Our sinuses thank you :)
- do you have clean cushions you could donate? We are in need of some new cushions for comfy, quiet times. Cushions with washable covers would be GREAT :) DUE TO ALLERGIES, CUSHIONS MUST BE CLEAN :) We would also happily accept used yoga mats that we can cut up...
- can anybody source some gel pens for our class collection? Also any kind of special pens for our class collection would be gratefully received. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THESE WILL GO INTO A COLLECTION TO BE SHARED BY ALL.
- we are going through a lot of Kleenex because it is definitely sniffle/cold/flu season. If everyone could bring 1 box, that might last us the whole year.
- we started learning macrame last spring. Any donations of cotton 'wool' would be great. Also white cotton twine? I bought some at the $ store up the hill by Save-On. Sources tell me the one at Lansdowne Mall is THE BEST. There are also at least 3 close by: one near Coopers in Brock Shop, one by Safeway and one in the Northills Mall. We are now in need of orange/black/white to get us into Hallowe'en. Also red/white/black would help with Remembrance Day friendship bracelets.
- gym days are Mon/Wed. Gym strip is required. This can be a t-shirt and leggings or shorts. It should come home every week or two to be laundered. A bag to store it separately from backpacks would help with the overall weight of your child's backpack.
- library book exchange happens every Tues. Your child signs out 3 books per week for a two week loan. When a book becomes overdue your child will not be allowed to sign out another until the book is returned or paid for
- Currently we are studying Merlin falcons as we have a resident one! I'm sure you have heard about him! We will be going to the BC Wildlife Park soon to learn more about birds of prey. More info to come...
- each child requires one pair of earbuds. We are an electronic classroom. My advice: don't spend a lot of money. $ store earbuds are just fine. Expect to go through 2-3 pairs this year. Provide your child with a zip lock bag with h/her name on it.
- cell phones, tablets or other expensive devices are brought to school with your permission. I cannot be responsible for any devices that become lost, stolen or broken.