I TRY to update this blog once a week, on a Sunday, so please check it out for current or important information.
CHECK OUT THE TABS ON THE LEFT FOR LOTS OF INTERACTIVE SITES IN DIFFERENT SUBJECT GROUPS. The kids can play on these to practice many skills. Consider it homework if you like. PLEASE KEEP ENCOURAGING YOUR CHILD TO READ AT HOME.
Please fill out and return the ski survey. It's in your child's agenda. I need these back by Friday, Oct. 30.
Gym strip: The kids are growing and their bodies are changing. They MUST have gym strip here for Gym on Tues and Thurs. They are also welcome to have a stick of deodorant to keep here AS LONG AS IT IS UNSCENTED. I have a nasty allergy to scented products.
- Thurs Oct 29: 1:00 - picture re-takes
- Every Thursday we take a spelling test on our Spelling City site. The kids have learned their usernames and passwords and can study the words at home. on line, in a games environment. THE PROGRAM WON'T WORK WITHOUT EARBUDS. EACH CHILD MUST HAVE A PAIR THEY CAN LEAVE AT SCHOOL. The $ stores have these for not too much money.
- Fri Oct 30: Pizza lunch, Hallowe'en dance 1:00 - 2:15. Bring a toonie to cover the cost of the DJ. PAC is selling glow bracelets for $.50.
- The dance is our party, so we will do regular school work in the morning
- kids are welcome to wear their costumes to school
- no masks or weapons or small costume parts that might be lost
- Nov 10: Remembrance Day Assembly. You are welcome to attend. We have an intermediate choir for the first time this year and they sound impressive.
- please wear solid red or black tops or bottoms. Don't worry about buying new things. If you have a red t-shirt with a graphic, just turn it inside out. Dark pants or skirts can count as black.
- Nov 11: Remembrance Day - no school
If you have any questions or concerns at any time, please fire me an email ASAP to http://firstname.lastname@example.org