The absolute highlight of this week was Friday when we met our Little Buddies for the first time. Mrs. Sarrasin's kids were as excited as mine. The BB's interviewed the LB's as an ice breaker. Then both classes split off into 3 separate areas for an activity time. There will be many more encounters with our LB's throughout the school year. Of course, we are buddied up for our contribution to the Christmas Concert.
All teachers at Parkcrest are deeply immersed in writing report cards. We are making the best of learning a new computer program. This is a 'first term, worst term' scenario. Everything will be smoother for us by March and by June, we'll all be pros :)
As you are aware, the province of BC is also rolling out new curriculum for the 21st century learner. I'm really excited about what I have seen so far. After Christmas I have volunteered to be on a committee to help facilitate implementation of the new curriculum. Rest assured that the core basics in each subject area remain. The method of delivery will vary. The kids will be involved in more collaborative group work, including research projects, writing and publishing projects, strategic thinking in math, hands on science, living history in social studies and so on.
- Nov. 30 6:30 pm - Norkam Open House. Come and see the exciting state of the art Trades and Technology building
- Thurs Dec. 3 Early Dismissal at 12:30. If I have not met you face to face, please book an appointment between 1:30 and 4:00. I have lots of great things to share with you about your child.
- Dec. 11 - reports cards to go home
- Dec. 14 - Christmas Concert Dress Rehearsal #1
- Dec. 15 - CC Dress Rehearsal #2
- Dec. 16 - CC performance #1 (12:45 - 2:30 pm) reserved seating by alphabetical order of last name
- Dec. 17 - CC performance #2 (12:45 - 2:30)
- Dec. 18 - Pajama/Stuffy/Blankie/Hot Lunch/Movie Day :)
- Dec. 18 - Jan. 4 Winter Break